"The operation cannot complete due to an unknown error" and or Ai crashes when pasting from Graphpad

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had experienced Ai crashing everytime I pasted a graph from Graphpad, this only started recently. Since I updated Ai I get the "The operation cannot complete due to an unknown error" message. What is going on!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"The operation cannot complete due to an unknown error" and or Ai crashes when pasting from Graphpad

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had experienced Ai crashing everytime I pasted a graph from Graphpad, this only started recently. Since I updated Ai I get the "The operation cannot complete due to an unknown error" message. What is going on!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query Illustrator is crashing while you are copy-pasting a graph from Graphpad. To help you further with this I would need a few more details like:

• OS (exact version of Windows/MAC)
  • Version of Illustrator
  • Is it happening while pasting a particular graph/document? Please try pasting a different graph on a new document and let us know that helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

OS is Windows 10 version 1803

Ai version is 23.0.3 (Ai CC v 22.1)

It crashed when i tried to copy the graph into a new Ai file, and the diagnostics crashed while running.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this information. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

Event Viewer Illustrator.png

• Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Has this issue appeared recently? Was it working fine earlier? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Could you please share a sample file with us?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue? Please do take a backup of the same before trashing them and share it with us. You can zip the folders, upload it to creative cloud and share the download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? Are the graphs the same size as ones you pasted prior to your update. Was your update to the latest version of Illustrator (23.0.3)? Have you tried restarting your computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019-12-16_1301-edit.png

If you are struggling with pasting GraphPad Prism graphs into Adobe Illustrator, try to change the copy settings in Graphpad Prism. Go to: Edit --> Preferences... --> File&Printer --> and then change "Copy graphs and layouts as:" to "WMF and EMF (old)". The EMF+ (new version) breaks things when pasting into Adobe Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 2
Adnan_Q LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally worked for me.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020 0
Resources