Highlighted

"The save file operation failed" error in Illustrator 2020 and Acrobat 2020 on macOS 10.15.6

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error message in both illustrator and acrobat when I try to save as-

"the save file operation failed to connect to the open and save panel service"

Running Ai 2020 on  Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

ai_save_error.pngacrobat_save_error.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"The save file operation failed" error in Illustrator 2020 and Acrobat 2020 on macOS 10.15.6

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error message in both illustrator and acrobat when I try to save as-

"the save file operation failed to connect to the open and save panel service"

Running Ai 2020 on  Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

ai_save_error.pngacrobat_save_error.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried restarting the computer? Is it happening with a specific file or all? Are you trying to save the file on a local drive or network?

This information will help us understand your concern and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh-

Thanks for your reply-

I've restarted illustrator, the computer and reset the illustrator preferences. It happening with multiple files, and pops up as soon I select save as so it doesnt even give me a chance to pick where to save to. 

Its happening with all files, from our NAS drive and local drive files.

A regular save brings up this dialog on all files (new files that are not backsaved):

legacy.png

thanks,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delayed response. Would you mind sharing some sample files with us? You may upload them on Creative Cloud(or any other cloud service you prefer) and share the link with us. We'll be happy to take a look. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
jkoxvold LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, intermittently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0