• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The save file operation failed" error in Illustrator 2020 and Acrobat 2020 on macOS 10.15.6

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error message in both illustrator and acrobat when I try to save as-

"the save file operation failed to connect to the open and save panel service"

Running Ai 2020 on  Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

ai_save_error.pngacrobat_save_error.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried restarting the computer? Is it happening with a specific file or all? Are you trying to save the file on a local drive or network?

This information will help us understand your concern and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh-

Thanks for your reply-

I've restarted illustrator, the computer and reset the illustrator preferences. It happening with multiple files, and pops up as soon I select save as so it doesnt even give me a chance to pick where to save to. 

Its happening with all files, from our NAS drive and local drive files.

A regular save brings up this dialog on all files (new files that are not backsaved):

legacy.png

thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delayed response. Would you mind sharing some sample files with us? You may upload them on Creative Cloud(or any other cloud service you prefer) and share the link with us. We'll be happy to take a look. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, intermittently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem from illustrator - all the time - fingers too fast for my computer!  only with illustrator

Greg-a-wee-cockle-john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Usually when I hit OPEN or SAVE and then try to navigate with the keyboard quickly before letting the window load completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens in Premiere & Photoshop as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an antivirus/firewall turned on?

They have special settings for keyboard input, which might detect your actions as potentially dangerous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening to me! It's super frustrating. I used to close and open illustrator but now that isn't even working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to latest MacOS 12.3 and updated to latest version of Illustrator v26.1. Just lost a ton of work. 🤬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @karinagom @Richie Bartlett,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has been fixed with the latest version of macOS 12.3.1, released by Apple last week. Please update macOS and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul! 

Everything was working fine until my Mac automatically updated software overnight to macOS 12.3.1 

I'm using a iMac 2020 running Illustrator 2022. 

Whenever I try to Save As, instead of the "Save Location" window that usually pops up, this comes instead: 

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.27.26 PM.png

Then eventually with enough clicking or hitting enter, I also get this:

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.25.52 PM.png

I have tried opening a new file, restarting Illustrator, even updated to most recent Illustrator 2022. Restarted my computer multiple times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. Tried to create a new file and place an Image. This is what the file window shows up as: 

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 1.06.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @aliminati,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. This error message is generated by macOS. According to this apple community post (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253331896#:~:text=response%20to%20joaneslit-,See%20this%20post,...), the issue is resolved after installing the latest Python 3. Please try this and let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines