Highlighted

"This type was created in a different version" error on Illustrator CC2020 on macOS 10.13.6

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Illustrator 2019 on my iMac (10.13.6 High Sierra) and the updated version 24.0.3 on my MacBook Pro (24.0.3 Catalina). I am receiving an error on my MacBook Pro when I open an ai file that was created last week in 2019 on my iMac. The error reads, "This type was created in a different version of Illustrator. Editing the text may cause some changes to your text layout. Basic formatting will not be affected. Do you want to continue?"

I spent an hour with tech support, and we downloaded previous versions of Adobe 2020 and 2019 to my MacBook Pro (24.0.3 Catalina) to see if the fonts on the ai file will work fine without changes in my text layout. Unfortunately, the previous version had the same issues. I had to go back on my iMac to open the file using 2019 Adobe Illustrator, and it works perfectly.

The tech support said that it did happening because the 3rd party font's driver is not up to date. I've been using this font on hundreds of my client's marketing materials for the last six years. It is a system font provided by Apple. 
I do not have the time to update every single ai file to fix this issue. The font's driver is not the problem, because it works perfectly fine with the iMac (10.13.6 High Sierra). This issue has to do with Adobe Illustrator's update, and I need this resolved immediately, please. Is it possible that Adobe Updates has a conflict with Catalina OS?

Also, I have to do a Force Quit on the Adobe Illustrator on my MacBook Pro all day today because it does not allow me to select menus such as Open or New Documents, etc.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"This type was created in a different version" error on Illustrator CC2020 on macOS 10.13.6

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Illustrator 2019 on my iMac (10.13.6 High Sierra) and the updated version 24.0.3 on my MacBook Pro (24.0.3 Catalina). I am receiving an error on my MacBook Pro when I open an ai file that was created last week in 2019 on my iMac. The error reads, "This type was created in a different version of Illustrator. Editing the text may cause some changes to your text layout. Basic formatting will not be affected. Do you want to continue?"

I spent an hour with tech support, and we downloaded previous versions of Adobe 2020 and 2019 to my MacBook Pro (24.0.3 Catalina) to see if the fonts on the ai file will work fine without changes in my text layout. Unfortunately, the previous version had the same issues. I had to go back on my iMac to open the file using 2019 Adobe Illustrator, and it works perfectly.

The tech support said that it did happening because the 3rd party font's driver is not up to date. I've been using this font on hundreds of my client's marketing materials for the last six years. It is a system font provided by Apple. 
I do not have the time to update every single ai file to fix this issue. The font's driver is not the problem, because it works perfectly fine with the iMac (10.13.6 High Sierra). This issue has to do with Adobe Illustrator's update, and I need this resolved immediately, please. Is it possible that Adobe Updates has a conflict with Catalina OS?

Also, I have to do a Force Quit on the Adobe Illustrator on my MacBook Pro all day today because it does not allow me to select menus such as Open or New Documents, etc.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try following steps provided on a similar discussion on Community link https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/suddenly-can-t-edit-live-type-in-an-illustrator-file-that... and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I saw that that post yesterday which dated from 2014, six years ago. We need steps included in this discussion for 2020, not 2014.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just had this same problem.  Tried all the different solutions online and none of those worked.  The only thing that did work was that there was a pending update for MacOS 10.13.6, once I updated it everything was fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0