• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"...Unable to save due to unexpected errors" after disabling beta option on CC2020

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on a Macbook Pro. I have a user that works with files saved on our servers. Sometimes they would get the error "The specified network location is unavailable. Check your network connection and/or save your file to a different location." even though the computer was clearly connected to the server.

From a separate post we disabled "Optimize File Open and Save Time on Slow Networks (Beta)" but now every now and again they get the error "Illustrator is unable to save this document due to some unexpected errors". Once they hit "OK" and try to save again it's fine. 

Is this a settings issue or do we have to do something else? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Illustrator has a known issue with networks.

Working directly on files that are located on networks is generally not advised.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

It works for a lot of people, but for some it just won't

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has a known issue with networks.

Working directly on files that are located on networks is generally not advised.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

It works for a lot of people, but for some it just won't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's fair. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only using local files and still having this problem. Goes back a year now, and it does appear that this was never fully fixed. Mine started with a fresh AS install on a new machine. Latest build, I trashed distiller presets, all prefs, and I still can only save as if I unclick the PDF box. It is slightly inconsistent and I can get it to save after a few attempts. I do end up with a ton of temp files. 😉
Hope the developers can get a solid fix in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, couldn't edit last post - my hard drives are now in a RAID box (moved from Mac Pro to iMac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't post into every available thread.

This is a user forum. If you want help, then please post your setup information (hardware, system, Illustrator version) and the exact steps to reproduce your issue.

If you want to report a bug, please do so over there to talk tothe Illustrator engineers:  http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your concern. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I wrote: this is a user forum. 95% of people here are not staff. You recognize staff by the remark "staff" next to their avatar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines