• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unsupported video driver", Geforce GTX 460

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a warning about "unsupported video driver" when I start Illustrator.

The card is on the list of supported cards, but it's getting old and I'm aware that software companies can't support old cards forever. I just want to know if there's a chance to fix this instead of getting a new card.

It tells me (see below) to update to Nvidia driver 451.77, but there is no such driver for GTX460 cards, so this must be a mistake? The latest version available for this card is 391.35 and it's a pretty old driver from 2018. I guess Nvidia doesn't care much about these old cards anymore. 

So am I missing something or is the only solution to buy a new graphic card?

Details from systemcompabilityreport.txt:

Video NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 v.23.21.13.9135
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. NVIDIA has identified a bug which causes random crashes in your Adobe application and has provided a fix in driver version 451.77. This driver update is strongly recommended.
URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you continue using Illustrator in spite of the warning message, do any other problems occur or does it function normally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've used this compuer for a long time with Illustrator and did notice some crashes and slow performance when I upgraded to CC (from CS6) that used GPU acceleration.

I haven't really started working with the latest version of CC (that shows this warning) yet, but I guess it would have the same issues as the previous CC versions. So I am able to use Illustrator, but with some minor instability/performance issues.

I guess getting a newer card is probably the only solution, since it's around ten years old. Just curious why the card is listed as supported when it's reported to be unstable... and the solution is to download a driver that doesn't exit. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines