Highlighted

Random cut for straight lines pattern

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there !

I'm currently struggling with creating a specific pattern made of cut lines (photo below).Aurelli-2068.2-2560x2639.width-2000.jpg

Do you have any idea of how i can create such thing easily ?
The randomness of the cut lines is just awesome and i'd love to get it.

Thanks for your answers !

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Random cut for straight lines pattern

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there !

I'm currently struggling with creating a specific pattern made of cut lines (photo below).Aurelli-2068.2-2560x2639.width-2000.jpg

Do you have any idea of how i can create such thing easily ?
The randomness of the cut lines is just awesome and i'd love to get it.

Thanks for your answers !

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it needs to be vector artwork you could try to set up custom scatter brushes using their various random options (size, distance etc.) and apply the brushes to parallel horizontal lines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kurt !

You really helped me on this one !
I tried your solution with scattering a blank rectangle on the lines and it worked very well, thank you !

Just a little question, do you know if there's a way to scatter the rectangle on the lines and keeping these visible without creating a new layer  ?

I have to copy/paste my lines layer underneath the scattered one to see the result.

Thank you again !

Capture 1 .PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your additional question.

Can you provide the sample .ai file that causes the issue, whatever it may be? Then I or someone else may have a look at it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure ! You can find it here !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, obviously your scatter brush element consists of two white rectangles and therefore the straight lines on the second layer called "Line layer" are required to see the visual effect.

Is there some specific reason why you don't just use black filled or stroked paths to make the scatter brush?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines