• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random values appearing in input fields in Illustrator 2020 on macOS

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, this is hard problem to explain, but one that is really affecting my workflow so I'd love to get it sorted!

I am getting random amounts / values appearing in the tool dialogue boxes (rotate, scale, reflect etc). For example, usually to scale an object I will press the keyboard shortcut (s) then hit return and the dialogue box will pop up so I can enter the value. Normally when I do this, it remembers the previous value I put in but lately I am getting random amounts in the input fields and uniform / non-uniform will be randomly checked also, meaning I have to stop and change values every time even if I'm repeating the same request. I hope that makes sense! I'm attaching a screenshot - in this example illustrator has randomly entered 508.789% and selected non-uniform, even though my previous command was to scale the circle by 80% uniformly. I get the same problems with rotate, reflect etc and it's super annoying.

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 09.17.19.png

Thanks in advance for any advice. I should note I recently updated to the latest version and the problem persists.

Cheers,

Andrew

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Hi Andrew,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused due to this error. That's not a typical experience with the application. Unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Let's try resetting Illustrator preferences. Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes: 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused due to this error. That's not a typical experience with the application. Unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Let's try resetting Illustrator preferences. Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes: 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for your help with this - this seems to have fixed the issue for me!

Cheers and best wishes,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines