• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Illustrator CC extremely slow saving

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Opening and saving files as .ai . svg or .pdf files have become very very slow. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it has made no difference at all. I am running it an Alienware 17 R5, Windows and the Adobe suite are installed to my 256Gb M.2 NNMe, i7 8750H, 16Gb DDR4 @2,600Mhz and a GTX 1070. So I sincerely doubt it is my hardware causing the issue.

I also noticed the issue seemed to appear overnight. It went from taking a second or two to save an .ai file to taking 30s to a minute with no other application, including other Adobe programs running slow. I have used Photoshop, XD and Premiere Pro and all seem to be working just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you uninstalled and reinstalled did you do it in the following manner?:

In the app section of your Creative Cloud desktop app click on the “V” next to the app’s (Illustrator) name and choose the “Uninstall” option from the pull-down menu that appears. After you’ve run the uninstall then use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  . Then reinstall the program through the Desktop app. Before you reinstall, once again trash all preference files to make sure that your install is completely clean. Then launch Illustrator and see if the problem persists.

Since, as you said, this is a new problem, you might also want to try trashing your Illustrator preferences.

To do so on Windows:

You can try the quick way of resetting on a PC which is to hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching Illustrator and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset. There have been some recent reports that the window asking if you want to reset is not popping up but that the prefs are being reset anyway. If this works great but if it doesn’t you may have to manually delete them.

To do so:

On Windows 7 and above the preference files are hidden. To find them go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options and then click the View tab. Then select “Show hidden files and folders” or “Show hidden files, folders or drive options” in Advanced Settings. Then delete (or rename) the folder at the end of this path: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number]\ Settings\<Language>. Make sure that Illustrator is closed when you do this. When you relaunch the program it will create  new preference files and the program will be at its default settings.

The advantage of manually deleting preference files is that after you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was your last restart?

Where do you save your files?

Where are linked files stored?

What has changed since it last worked? A Windows update?

Is a printer connected and turned on? THis one is important: connect a printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Is a printer connected and turned on? THis one is important: connect a printer.

Thank you! This was the cause of my slow loading and saving. The computer would lock up while load/save. I had a network printer as my default and it was offline. I changed my default printer to a fake printer and now it is all fast. Just add a new printer to the PDF port and choose any driver that you have and it should be ok. Or if you have an XPS Device that might work too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are my options if I don't have a printer--such as traveling with a laptop? This seems like a fairly major flaw on Adobe's part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

What are my options if I don't have a printer--such as traveling with a laptop? This seems like a fairly major flaw on Adobe's part.

Install a PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having a similar issue, however it is taking forever to package my files from illustrator. Please help!

pdf is off in the file.

MAC PRO

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB 1866 MHz DDR

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dinh,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that Illustrator is slow while saving the files. Please confirm if you have Suitcase Font application installed on your system? If yes, please remove Extensis font management plug-in from of the Illustrator plug-ins folder (Finder > Applications > Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 > Plug-ins) and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleared the plug-ins. As stated before, it is not the saving of the file. I do have the PDF compatibility turned off. It is the packaging of the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dinh+T.  schrieb

Cleared the plug-ins. As stated before, it is not the saving of the file. I do have the PDF compatibility turned off. It is the packaging of the files.

Are any of the linked files on a networked server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It was never a problem before, but ever since it updated to 2018 (and not experiencing it with 2019), it has been a huge issue and lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your files are on a server?

Illustrator generally has issues with servers. Does it work locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It lags both on local and on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It lags both on local and on the server.

No part of  this project is on a server now and you save locally and there's no synchronized folder?

Can you please tell us the details of what's in the file and what exactly you are doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am prepping packaging files for box production with links that vary between small size jpegs to psd, and tiff. No matter the size, it lags on the packaging I had run a test and built a new file and linked from the local machine and when packaging, it still had the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am prepping packaging files for box production with links that vary between small size jpegs to psd, and tiff. No matter the size, it lags on the packaging I had run a test and built a new file and linked from the local machine and when packaging, it still had the same issue.

Then someone would need to take a look into your system.

Please contact Customer Care: Contact Customer Care

You need to logged into your account to get a chat option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional details. As you mentioned, Illustrator only lags when you create a package. When we create a package from Illustrator file there only three actions that are performed by Illustrator i.e,

1. Copy links
  2. Copy fonts
  3. Creating a report which includes a summary of spot color objects, all used and missing fonts, missing links, and details of all linked and embedded images.

We have to find out which of these actions are creating the lag. Please follow these steps one by one and let us know if any of these improves the performance.

• Create a package without the linked files.

• Create a package without the Fonts.

• Create a package without the Report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the links that are lagging. Whether it is a small jpeg or a complex tif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share a small sample file with fonts and linked files used in it? This will help us investigate this issue at our end.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if the packaging issue was fixed?

I am having the same problem; packaging my files takes forever with CC2020.

Last time I had to wait for like 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need help too. I'm taking so long to save files Im gonna get fired. Things that should take a day are taking 3 just because of save times. INSANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my fix was to turn off PDF compatible files. this obviously wont help when saving a PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad it worked for you. didnt work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines