Re-scaling a linked images to 100% in Illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set the scaled percentages of linked images in Illustrator to a different specific percentage of scale, like you can in InDesign. For example I have a file with links (of various dimensions) that are placed at 65.635% and I would like to select them and set their percentage scaled to 50%, or even just reset its scale to 100%.
The links palette shows the percentage that the link is placed. But the Transform>Scale and Transform Each tools only rescale the item BY the percentage you enter, not TO a specific percentage.
I would prefer to not have to re-place all the links and resize them to 50%, or do the math to find the percentage to reduce them more so that the final percentage is 50%.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Tools

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Benjamin,

Illy (job description Adobe Illustrator) is always eager to help, and she can make the calculations for you:

Just set the following value: desired scale*100 as one number (5000 for 50%), then add / then add current scale (65.635 as in your example). With those two numbers you get 5000/65.635, without needing to know that it is 76.1789%.

The same way, you can leave calculations based on two numbers using * or / or + or - in between to Illy; in many cases you can copy the difficult one from the source and insert it without typing it.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines