• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: There is not enough memory to process the appearance of an object

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message. New document, 100 x 100 mm blank. After the error message all options are greyed out, even Quit.
CC 2018 latest updates, macOS latest version all up to date. 2017 MacBook Pro.

Screenshot 2018-11-14 09.14.38.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

I found something that actually worked for me. I'm on a Mac so I can't say how this might work for the rest of the world, but I found that the Workspaces preferences were not updating correctly and that trashing it made everything function again. If that doesn't do it, try removing the Modified Workspaces preferences and replacing them one at a time until you get the memory error again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this error.  Please install the latest update 23.0.1 and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem with the current build, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

We are extremely sorry to hear about this. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating System(Exact version of Windows/MAC)
  • Is it happening with a particular document or with all the documents?
  • Could you please confirm where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Screenshot of the error.
  • Try resetting preferences for Illustrator: How to set preferences in Illustrator

Important: Resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator/Indesign will launch with default settings.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news - resetting preferences worked for me. If it helps for your records, here's the relevant info:

• Operating System(Exact version of Windows/MAC)
    • macOS Mojave (10.14.1)
  • Is it happening with a particular document or with all the documents?
    • All documents
  • Could you please confirm where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
    • Local and portable drives. Doesnt matter where.
    • Two screenshots. Image 1: Note that the highlighted object (the camera) did not appear highlighted when I was using Illustrator. In fact, I couldn't seem to be able to select or highlight any object.
    • Image 2: Note that menu items (including "Quit Illustrator" are greyed out).
    • Ill1a.png
    • Ill2a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting the preferences as well and Illustrator did indeed start and stayed functional long enough for me to change the scratch disk, but after restarting and opening a file, I got the error again and nothing I did seemed to have any effect. I've had to go back to V22.1 ti get any work done. I'm using a Mac Pro, High Sierra 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

We are extremely sorry about this frustrating experience. Would you mind sharing a few more details of the issue like:

• Is it happening with a particular file or with multiple files?
  • Create a new file, save it to Desktop and check how it works.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I uninstalled v23.0.1 and reinstalled v22.1 so I may not be able to supply a screen shot of the error message just now. But the problem occurs with any file I try to open and with any new file I try to create. All menus are greyed out, nothing is responsive and I have to force quit to get it to shut down. I have trashed the preferences and that allowed me enough access to reset the scratch disk, but the error message recurred immediately after that with all the menu items greyed out and I had to force quit out if it again.

Thanks for your response and hope this goes well for all of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 5.00.48 PM.png

Can anyone from Adobe Help to us to address this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is grayed out and nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message says, “There is not enough memory available to process the appearance of an object”

Hi Srishti:

Adobe illustrator act like it is frozen. Nothing work and unable to quit the program unless you force it to quit on the mac. I have the latest Mac OS and Ai CC from Adobe. Can you please help. Thank you.

Dorjee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dorjee,

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry about the delay in response. I understand how frustrating this error could be in the middle of the project. I am hopeful that the issue is fixed by now. If not, please share the following information:

• Please confirm if you have macOS Mojave and Illustrator 2019(v23.0.4).
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link.
  • Please share a screenshot of Activity Monitor.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue? Please do take a backup of the same before trashing them and share it with us. You can zip the folders, upload it to creative cloud and share the download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently having the exact same issue as described earlier in this thread. Has there been an update on how to fix this issue please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elinmatilda_A  schrieb

Hello,

I'm currently having the exact same issue as described earlier in this thread. Has there been an update on how to fix this issue please?

Which version, which system, what kind of appearance is it? How large is the file? How much RAM do you have and how many applications are open? Have you tried to save the file and restart the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent Illustrator CC version, on macOS Mojave. This happens even as I create a new file with a single, empty artboard. I closed all other applications. I hardly store any files on my iMac so lack of memory should not be an issue. I've restarted my iMac too — doesn't help unfortunately. I have now uninstalled the app and waiting for it to re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the answer marked as "Correct" help you?

Is the graphic styles panel shown in your workspace? Does it help when you hide it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it didn't, however it seems to work now that I have uninstalled/re-installed Illustrator.... Very strange 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files are from all available hard drives and no files can be opened or created to be saved anywhere.

I did stumble onto something that seems to have made everything work. I reinstalled the latest version and it worked just fine, but I wanted to use the same workspace from the previous version and moved the Modified Workspace from the Illustrator 22 preferences folder to the newer one and that’s when these problems reoccured. Removing that folder from the Illustrator 23 preferences file seems to have restored full functionality. So, for now, the problem has been solved.

Of course, I’ll be back in touch with you should anything change and thank you for your assistance. Hopefully this can help anyone else who has had this problem.

Sincerely,

Bd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error... version 22.1 worked for me. Ai stuck even create new document screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found something that actually worked for me. I'm on a Mac so I can't say how this might work for the rest of the world, but I found that the Workspaces preferences were not updating correctly and that trashing it made everything function again. If that doesn't do it, try removing the Modified Workspaces preferences and replacing them one at a time until you get the memory error again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the same message. I have the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's also happening just in the past two weeks. I reinstalled Illustrator and it works until ---  I try to open the graphic styles window, I get the out of memory error. Using latest version of Mojave and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, Illustrator gives you memory error the moment you open the Graphic Styles window (Window > Graphic Styles). I would need a few more details as mentioned in my comment above:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Screenshot of the error and Activity Monitor.
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue? Please do take a backup of the same before trashing them and share it with us. You can zip the folders, upload it to creative cloud and share the download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your very helpful post!!!  Graphic Styles is the culprit.  As soon as I closed that window, all was good (for now, anyway).  I am running on High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing the details. Did you try the steps I shared above to reset preferences? If not, please do and share your observations. I would also request if you and others facing similar issue can upvote this issue here Graphic Styles Panel Crashes Illustrator (macOS Movaje) – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines