• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

really weird issue with illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys, I don't know how to explain it entirely but my drop menus keep dissapearing? initially I had that weird flashing white screen when I would launch illustrator, looked into the fact of my LG Mx mouse, doesn't seem to the be issue as I tested my old wired mouse. I looked into the fact that I had a dual display set up (my laptop I5 processor hooked to a separate monitor through HDMI) and for measure I tried reverting back to only my laptop as a display, still the same issue, I've dedicated one display now to ensure I'm not straining a graphics card that isn't supporting it. for example when I create a character box and want to change the font, none of the menus stay open they seem to close right away, I try at the bottom of the screen to open the characters menu and that vanishes too.. I managed to get past the first issue of the flashing white screen.. I did the whole gpu on off toggling.. but this is driving me mad now! any help? reccomendations?? thank you in advance! 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

if any one is reading this and is experiencing the same thing, I had to delete any and everything to do with Adobe, including the creative cloud, anything on my phone that was an app connected to the creative cloud, in some file of my computer I found every updated version of Ai which too I cleared out and knew that was the issue when I found it. hope this helps, also, hope you never had to come here lol!

thanks guys 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you are experiencing this problem in 2021 version and in older version its working fine then try to update your driver of VGA or otherwise it is not supporting the new illustrator...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if any one is reading this and is experiencing the same thing, I had to delete any and everything to do with Adobe, including the creative cloud, anything on my phone that was an app connected to the creative cloud, in some file of my computer I found every updated version of Ai which too I cleared out and knew that was the issue when I found it. hope this helps, also, hope you never had to come here lol!

thanks guys 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One issue that can cause this is a failing video card/gpu. Go to your preferences - Performance and see what is stated about your GPU Performance. I know that you have toggled this on and off and found no difference so if you have any diagnostic sofware such as TechTool run that and it should let you know if it is the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines