• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent files no longer show on my opening Illustrator screen

Engaged ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I installed Illustrator a just over a week ago, files that I worked on showed when opening Illustrator. I did something while trying to relearn Illustrator and they no longer show. So far, I deleted my illustrator and reinstalled it. I still do not see my recent activity on the opening screen. I get the message that "You have no shared cloud documents". I do not use the cloud. all my documents are on my local computer. I think this is the problem. In the left menu I see an option for "YOUR WORK" but it is unavailable. Where do I configure Illustrator to show my recent documents on my opening screen?

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing. Once the preferences have been trashed/ reset/ damaged, the recent file list is lost. The documents are still there in whatever folders you saved them, which by default is your user Documents/Adobe folder. Nothing to do with AI, basic computer stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Mylenium,

I save my documents to a local drive and folder. All of my documents are there. The open recent files list is there. I am just trying to determine how to show them on the opening screen in graphic mode. This is more helpful than file names when working with artwork. There has to be a way to change looking for recent files from the cloud to the local maching. The menu item "YOUR WORK" is there. I just need to know how to activate it.

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines