• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recolor Artwork not working in illustator

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to recolor the background of a vector that I purchased online and it won't let me. The button for "recolor Artwork" is greyed out and I can't click it. What is the reason for this?

The images I was provided with are eps and jpg, do these files not support recoloring?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For EPS (vector artwork)

1. Is the background layer locked?

- Unlock, recolor

2. Is there no background layer (just an artboard)?

Either:

- Make shape as bgd, recolor

Or

- In Document setup, simulate colored paper, top color choice = simulated paper color (no recolor option)

You can adjust color on .jpg, but you can't use the recolor command.  Maybe Photoshop is better for that kind of color correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. So I can see that it is a layer, but when I double click on it as I have done below, there is no option to change the colour, just to rename it? It appears to be unlocked also.

Screenshop paint.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image completely helps!

It looks like your Rectangle is actually part of a clipping group (here's Adobe's Helpx: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/clipping-masks.ug.html)

The giant rectangle may be just cutting off some of those pills.

Open up the group (collapsed image of pills) and check out what's inside there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So when I open up the collapsed group it is just all of the pills individually. So I am wanting just to change the colour of the black background to another colour like pink but keep all of the pills the same?

Screenshot pills 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines