• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recolor Artwork - Reimagined! Apply color themes from vector and raster graphics to your artwork.

Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recoloring and testing your artwork using multiple color palettes cannot get easier than this!

Recoloring powered by AI allows you to create unlimited color variations of your artwork by applying color themes auto-generated from vector and raster graphics. You can later fine-tune colors using the color-balancing wheel, curated color library, or the Color Theme Picker tool. 

ai-recolorartwork-hero-featuresummary1.gif

For more information on using this feature see this article.

Try this feature & share your creations

Download the sample file created by our in-house designer Parichay Banerji, and apply color themes from other vector or raster graphics.  Reply to this post to showcase your creations. We cannot wait to see what you come up with!

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.18.19 PM.png

Your download file should look like the image below:

Parichay.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Die Option "Erweiteres Dialogfeld ..." muss ausgeschaltet sein.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work? I have Ai 24.3 and the Color Theme picker, supposedly in the Recolor Artwor interface is nowhere to be found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! There are two versions of Adobe Illustrator installed on my Windows PC, v24.3 and v25 which has the new Recolor Interface... I'll have to find a way to get rid of v24.3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I have a fast machine yet the new Recolor panel is excruciatingly slow to redraw when I try to reposition it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the recolor artwork option on my Tracer graphic.... which turned out nicely.

There is actually a skin in Overwatch from last year's Halloween Horror event that has a similar color.

Now I did run into an issue with the full version of the recolor illustration.... which is over 2000 layers (lots of gradients, blurs and clipping masks). 

But it worked well on the basic version of her.  I like the tool and can not wait to see it advance!

TracerSq6x6.jpg2020-12-07 21_11_29-Ghost Tracer.ai @ 66.67% (RGB_Preview).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have AI 25.1 insatalled but my recoloring tool looks different from what is shown here and and in the turorial, especially ther eis just no color theme picker. Any idea?Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-23 um 11.04.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die Option "Erweiteres Dialogfeld ..." muss ausgeschaltet sein.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielen Dank! Da wäre ich nicht drauf gekommen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I chose "Advanced options" the color picker is gone. I seems to only be available in the simple mode. But once in advance mode you cannot go back.

For me, having the color picker available is very important for working with reference material.

Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to click the Edit option for the color wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the 'Edit' tab in the recolour artwork window to access the same colour picker:

Screenshot 2022-01-21 105649.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Doug thank you very much for your help. Sorry, I meant "eyedropper", please excuse me mixing those words.

The eyedropper doesn't show. In previous versions it was placed up there next to the "reset" button. The eyedropper is very important for picking colors from reference artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines