• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recolor Artwork

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  I've made a mosaic of multiple old maps, which I clipped to fit the edges together.  I'm trying to adjust the colors of each but can't click on recolor artwork feature in Adobe Illustrator.  If I used tiff and jpg files as the originals, is there anything I need to do to these objects before I can recolor?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recolor artwork only works on vector objects, not on placed images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, thank you.  Can I convert each object into Vector, in Illustrator, or do I have to do that in photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you placed tif or jpg those are bitmapped files, and you can recolor in Photoshop using select color range or similar method. Without seeing your art is difficult to assist further, please add a screenshot if you require more assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I should pull those files into photoshop, individually, and adjust color there, or can I convert these to Vector in Illustrator, and adjust colors there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you will get a sensible result when autotracing these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines