• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record an action that includes clicking a button from plugin

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens when I try playing an action I recorded. The recorded action includes clicking the push button from the Overlord plugin.

Is it not possible to record a button click from a plugin?

If there is a workaround to automatically do this without having to physically click the button, that would also work. I am trying to prevent having to open a lot of illustrator files and clicking the button each time.

All help is appreciated, thank you.

TOPICS
Scripting , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the action palette flyout menu >> insert menu item, that often resolves many items that do not record. Since you are asking about a plug in I do not have can not say if the last used settings will get locked in or what that outcome will be.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer. I can't select the push button action for the plugin (Overlord) from "insert menu items".

There are no options for the plugin through menu items (except to show/hide the plugin's window).

Is it possible to add that push button to menu items somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines