• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering files after removing application

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was working on a graphic novel for a school project (using Adobe Illustrator), and I needed to free up some storage on my computer otherwise I couldn't work on it. So I planned on deleting Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro since those took up quite a bit of storage on my computer, but the lazy part of me decided to just delete the folders that Photoshop and Premiere Pro were kept in. No big deal, right?

Wrong. See, for some reason I set my automatic installation location to the Premiere Pro folder, and since I downloaded Adobe Illustrator recently, it was in the Premiere Pro folder. So Illustrator was deleted unintentionally along with everything else. (insert dramatic screaming here)

So I re-downloaded Adobe Illustrator in desperate hopes of finding the graphic novel still in there, but it wasn't.

Is there any way I can get back this graphic novel along with the 5 hours that I spent diligently working on it?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you saved your files in the application folder?

Or where did you save your files?

Or you didn't save them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved my files in the Premiere Pro folder that's created (I don't know how that got there, I think it was automatically created) which was in the application folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then you deleted that folder?

Your only way to try and get it back is to recover that disk. After deleting the folder you installed something else? In that case the other folder has probably been overwritten. There's nothing Adobe can do there for you. Get file recovery software.

A harddisk is pretty cheap nowadays and it will certainly be a good investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible both on Mac or Windows to recover accidentally deleted files. I personally cannot vouch for any of the third-party options available all over the internet but I can ask the simple question. When you trashed the files did you also empty the trash (on a Mac) or recycle bin (on a PC)? If you did not then you can simply open the trash or recycle bin and drag the files back out of there. At any rate before you decide what method to use it would be best not to keep working as doing so could write over the space on the hard drive where the deleted files (now hidden until they are written over) are sitting in purgatory. If you want more specific recommendations about recovering erased files please provide the exact operating system that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines