Highlighted

Rectangle Height and Width do not swap when rotating a shape

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a 36"H x 34"W rectangle. When I rotate the shape 90 degrees, the rectangle height and width do not change to reflect the new dimensions. Is there any way to get this to work accordingly. 

Thanks, 

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rectangle Height and Width do not swap when rotating a shape

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a 36"H x 34"W rectangle. When I rotate the shape 90 degrees, the rectangle height and width do not change to reflect the new dimensions. Is there any way to get this to work accordingly. 

Thanks, 

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a distinction in Illustrator between the dimensions of a shape and its absolute dimensions relative to the canvas. If you look in the Transform panel you'll see a Width and Height that will change as you rotate a shape, and a set of rectangle properties that will not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 2