• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing file size

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a 3-words sentence with a very huge font size so that the volume of the file became over than 20 MB.

Is there a way to reduce the size of the file without chabging in sentence size?

I Outlined the sentence but it reduce the file size a little.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything else in the file? The size of the font shouldn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the rest of the file is about 41 MB with a lot of objects and I want to know if reducing this huge text’s size possible or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unlikely that reducing the text in any way, shape or form will have any impact. Some data structures in AI fiules simply are a bit chunky and anchor points and paths will always have a certain complexity. If at all, I would imagine that you may turn of the PDF compatibility on saving at the risk that your file may not open correctly in other versions of  AI or other programs. Getting rid of the PDF data can be meaningful, but comes at a price.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Do you mean I should turn off “PDF Compatiblity” while saving the file as ai format? How? How can it be turned off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

I found it.

Can you tell me what this option (Create PDF Compatible File) do and what is it good for? What do I loss with unchecking it.

Thank you very much.

Mohsen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mylenium

I have got my answer about this issue.

Thank u very much. no need to answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines