- When saving a Swatch library i cannot get gradients to be saved. Is there something i can do?
- Is it possible to use, in Indesign, a Swatch library i have saved from Illustrator?
Gradients should work fine in a swatch library. Are we talking about actual AI swatch libraries, or the CC libraries panel? It's not possible to save gradients to CC libraries, aside from saving the object containing the gradient itself.
You can save swatch libraries as ASE files (choose the file type from the Swatch panel menu) and open them in InDesign, but those cannot contain gradients either.
Sorry, i meant that gradients to transfer to Indesign, are the ones that dont seem to work! That kind of solution im trying to find.
As a workaround, in Illustrator you may assign each (linear or radial) gradient swatch to a single path, copy all and paste into an InDesign document.
Usually, InDesign will recognise the gradient fills as editable swatches.
Thanks Kurt, but what do u mean to assign a swatch gradient to a single path?
Draw a rectangle, apply the gradient.
- In Illustrator, draw any path, for example a circle.
- Assign any gradient (swatch) to that circle in order to fill it with the gradient.
- Copy the circle, switch to InDesign and paste it into an InDesign document.
Take a look at InDesign's Swatches palette. The gradient fill you created in Illustrator should now appear as an editable gradient swatch there.