Highlighted

Relinking all files in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I really have to relink each and every single file? I have over 100 files that I now needs to relink (becuase I cleaned up my folder structre forgetting the links...) I have a faint memory of beign able to just point to the folder where all fiels are and it would find the right ones automatically, but this doens't seam to work now. There has to be a quicker way than by hand find matching names and remounting each file individually...?

Please can someone tell me this can be done faster??

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Relinking all files in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I really have to relink each and every single file? I have over 100 files that I now needs to relink (becuase I cleaned up my folder structre forgetting the links...) I have a faint memory of beign able to just point to the folder where all fiels are and it would find the right ones automatically, but this doens't seam to work now. There has to be a quicker way than by hand find matching names and remounting each file individually...?

Please can someone tell me this can be done faster??

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the following discussion, it has some suggestions and also a script that seems will help your cause.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/relinking-files-in-illustrator/td-p/3576053?page=1

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread is 9 years old and most of the suggestions don't even apply anymore because the interaface has changed since then... and the only ooption that mgiht work is to put all the files in the same folder which isn't an option for me...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also has a script, did you give it a try?

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even know what that means and how to do that? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now did a giant folder with copies of all links in it and now when I reopened it it works. It's not the most elegant but it works..
Thanks for trying to help!
This smarter relinking is for sure something for Adobe to fix, since it seam to have been a problem for 9 years and still isn't improved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Script is basically some code that can be used to automate tasks. See https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/automation-scripts.html

In the discussion that i mentioned there is a script mentioned in one of the answers. Copy that text, create a new file in a text editor like Notepad and Texedit(don't use word) save the file with jsx extension. Then install this script as mentioned in the link above. Then you can execute the script and see if it works for you or not

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks Manan! this will most likely come in handy in many other situations as well. I will learn this 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines