Highlighted

Relinking multiple instances of the same file Broken?

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey smart people. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

When I try to relink multiple instances of the same (missing) file to my illustrator document, it used to be that I could select in the links palette all the links to the same file and then illustrator would bring up the link dialog box for every instance that I had selected. Although it wasn't automated, I only had to double click on the name of the file to link to, and it would cycle to the next one.

Today I noticed that when I select mulitple links it only relinks one of them and I have to select each link separately. Am I missing something? Have they changed the way it works? 

Please advise, thanks. 

Holy Moly. It worked as expected this time. Is there a limit to the number of files or something maybe?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Relinking multiple instances of the same file Broken?

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey smart people. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

When I try to relink multiple instances of the same (missing) file to my illustrator document, it used to be that I could select in the links palette all the links to the same file and then illustrator would bring up the link dialog box for every instance that I had selected. Although it wasn't automated, I only had to double click on the name of the file to link to, and it would cycle to the next one.

Today I noticed that when I select mulitple links it only relinks one of them and I have to select each link separately. Am I missing something? Have they changed the way it works? 

Please advise, thanks. 

Holy Moly. It worked as expected this time. Is there a limit to the number of files or something maybe?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 1
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 1
Resources