Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove black shadow from gradient text

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my attached example. 

I'm developing a packaging file for printing. The client wants to apply a gradient to the product name. When I do this it appears to add a black shadow on the end of the text with the lightest gradient. 

There is no drop shadow applied under appearance. It seems to do this with light colours for example a Gradient Red seems to display fine. I do not want this shadow to print or render in Mocks... any idea what setting might be causing it?

Example%20shadow

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a text or an outlined text (=just vector shapes)?
How did you add a gradient?
If you add a gradient to the real text by Appearance panel, it keeps its own black color under the added options and sometimes shows it at the edges.

Try to convert the text to ounlines and apply a gradient directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pam,

As Anna said, the original fill colour of the live Type tends to make a nuissance of itself., resisting its being made surplus to requirements (the nice way of saying fired).

To keep it nice with live Type, You can set the (original) Fill Color to None before you Add New Fill in the Appearance palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines