Highlighted

Removing Inner Glow effect from a symbol crashes Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the newest Illustrator for Windows 10, and I'm trying to edit the default Leaf2 symbol so I can convert it to a brush with a new color. After I ungroup everything, I found the main leaf shape has an Inner Glow effect, and since effects can't be used in brushes, I tried to remove it, which caused Illustrator to close, presumably because of a crash. This happened multiple times. Any help would be appreciated.

Not related to the inner glow, but I also removed the tiny little gradient shapes in it as well to try to make it a brush.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

You're welcome! And thank you for your kind words.

Still this is a bug and of course it should not crash. There are a couple of reports on Uservoice. You might add your vote to one of them, e.g. this one or any other you find: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41720116-crash-on-delete-layer-style

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Removing Inner Glow effect from a symbol crashes Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the newest Illustrator for Windows 10, and I'm trying to edit the default Leaf2 symbol so I can convert it to a brush with a new color. After I ungroup everything, I found the main leaf shape has an Inner Glow effect, and since effects can't be used in brushes, I tried to remove it, which caused Illustrator to close, presumably because of a crash. This happened multiple times. Any help would be appreciated.

Not related to the inner glow, but I also removed the tiny little gradient shapes in it as well to try to make it a brush.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Still this is a bug and of course it should not crash. There are a couple of reports on Uservoice. You might add your vote to one of them, e.g. this one or any other you find: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41720116-crash-on-delete-layer-style

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are youusing the appearance panel to remove the effect or the properties panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally used the properties panel, but after your comment I used the appearence panel and that worked perfectly. Thank you so much for replying so quickly and being so helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still this is a bug and of course it should not crash. There are a couple of reports on Uservoice. You might add your vote to one of them, e.g. this one or any other you find: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41720116-crash-...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the same for me as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Resources