• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing white lines between live paint areas??

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing some color changes to portions of my work with live paint fill tool (K). However when I make two adjacent sections the same color, there is a white line visible showing the edges of these sections, even when I export as an image file. How do I make the live paint sections seamless?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is anti-aliasing, and theoretically, exporting to a raster format might only make it more pronounced.

You will either have to "hide" it by adding another onject with the same fill behind or in front of the "seam," or, you could unite the two filled areas (without using Live Paint) with The Shapebuilder tool or Pathfinder functions, then apply the fill color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh... ok. Probably the easiest will be to place another object the same color on a layer behind for now.  Thanks for the info!  It's too bad the gap can't be closed. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When exporting as an image, Art Optimized for anti-aliasing can work.

An Object > Path > Offset Path with a very small amount may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines