• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering Issues with CC 2018

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my work computer to the new version of illustrator last night and now this morning I can't do any work on my files without illustrator glitching out. It flickers between 100% and 200% zoom constantly, there are odd lines appearing across the workspace, I can't move objects, I can't deselect objects... What the hell is going on?

Message was edited by: Ashutosh Chaturvedi Correcting the title

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the Illustrator preference files that probably still exist from your previous version. I've noticed in the last couple of upgrades that the new apps don't run well with inherited preferences.

To delete your old preferences:

For Macintosh Users: With Illustrator closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe Illustrator <Version #> Settings” (earlier versions of Illustrator might just say “Adobe Illustrator”) and “com.adobe.Illustrator.plist”. When Illustrator is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

For Windows Users: Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching Illustrator and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give this a try after work. I found the option to install older versions of Illustrator so I just did that so that I can meet my deadlines today. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 10 and when I hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching Illustrator nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should get a very quick message asking if you want to reset to which you should reply in the affirmative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try manually deleting your preferences.

To do so:

On Windows 7 and above the preference files are hidden. To find them go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options and then click the View tab. Then select “Show hidden files and folders” or “Show hidden files, folders or drive options” in Advanced Settings. Then delete (or rename) the folder at the end of this path: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number]\ Settings\<Language>. Make sure that Illustrator is closed when you do this. When you relaunch the program it will create  new preference files and the program will be at its default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know the operating system ( the version of MAC) and share Illustrator menu - Help>System Info this helps us narrow down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past month or so, this is (different chaos every time) how my illustrator files open. I have to drag the workspace to another monitor (I have three) then it renders correctly. Then I pull it back to my main monitor and it works fine. No issues with any other apps.

Any suggestions on what could be the cause.
Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 8.33.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's CC Illustrator 22.1 Mac. 10.11.16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines