Repeat pattern - greyed out for embedded images

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the opportunites presented by the new repeat pattern tool.

Unfortunely its greyed out when assets included embedded or linked images are selected.

Does anyone have a work around?

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/repeat-patterns.html

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 27, 2021
Doug A Roberts Adobe Community Professional , Jan 27, 2021
I'd advise giving Effect > Distort and Transform > Transform a try before image tracing anything. If you can't achieve what you need to, describe it here and perhaps I or someone else can help you find the right settings.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's simply a limitation of it at present.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although note in the meantime that you can do most (possibly all?) of what it does with transform effects, but with more manual calculations and less fancy new UI elements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Doug! Really appreciate your prompt reply.

In the meantime a bit of image trace did the job... but not ideal - laptop sounded as if it was about to take off!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd advise giving Effect > Distort and Transform > Transform a try before image tracing anything. If you can't achieve what you need to, describe it here and perhaps I or someone else can help you find the right settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines