• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated Patterns and random lines

Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been working on a pattern for a logo design and I feel like everytime I am using the duplicator option within the pattern tool window. No matter what I get random lines in my patterns.

Ive seen trouble shooting techniques and people saying you have to watch the repeate box, but I have no idea where I can adjust the repeat window box and I am not sure how anyone can use this option if it has issues repeating patterns?

Has anyone solved this issue without having to literally recreate every pattern where you exactly want it?

Thank you,

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most probably those are just anti-aliasing artefacts.

In Preferences > General uncheck the artwork smoothing option. Are the lines gone then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see an option checked that said artwork smoothing, but I did see alias and anti-alias option which when turned off still produced the lines when exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the lines are there after exporting?

When exporting, Illustrator also anti-aliases. You can try and use the "Artwork optimized" Supersampling setting for export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Monika said.

@davidd89,

You can read that older thread with same "problem".

Illustrator Pattern Join Lines 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue with that post is the solution said that the 2020 fix was to export using PNG and not for screens, I only export using PNG and I still have the lines.

The only workaround I saw was adding extra fill layers, which I find rediculous. I literally had to add 6 extra fill layers with the same pattern just to get the lines removed but that also adds layers in general to the pattern making it look slightly thicker than normal.  

Just would like Adobe to address this issue, so far no adobe rep has answered this issue. Which makes it a reoccruing issue since 2016...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines