• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeating Pattern Lines - HELP!

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not take this anymore, creating patterns in illustrator has become unbearable.

The line from hell keeps showing up, yes I turned off anti-l.  See attached.  I have made sure my clipping and color background boxes are centered and aligned.  I am making a 6in x 6in swatch repeating pattern.

HELP!!!!!!!

See attached screenshot.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Hey Ton,

I finally figured it out.  Even though I changed my preferences with the anti-aliasing, I needed to also change the export settings.  Thank you for your concern.

Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed screenshots in your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 2.54.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you did not have a default 1 pt black thin stroke on the path you used to make your pattern or mask for your pattern. 

Try printing or exporting to a bitmapped format. If the lines disappear they are an anomally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export as PNG and I double checked there is not a stroke on my square.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If exporting to png you dont have a black stroke you are good then and it is a redraw anomally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am needing to upload my design for printing on fabric.  Scared to take a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always check the result in Photosop (if the upload has to be an image) using Filter > Other... > Offset with Wrap Around checked. If you don't see lines, you should be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did that and I can see the line still.  When I zoom in on the pattern in illustrator there is no line.  I am so confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At what resolution did you export your pattern tile?

72 ppi or multiples thereof should not introduce extra pixels, but 150 or 300 ppi can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share an example .ai file that gives the problem?

Dropbox, Google sharing, CC files folder sharing, WeTransfer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ton,

I finally figured it out.  Even though I changed my preferences with the anti-aliasing, I needed to also change the export settings.  Thank you for your concern.

Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you've got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rosiebud320,

What export setting did you change? I'm also getting this grid edge line in my pattern. I'm printing apparel with sublimation and really can't have this showing up. Export as PNG and it disappears but everywhere else it's there. I'm fairly confident it's not real, but it's there when I bring these AI files into Indesign to export a PDF for presentation.
Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 8.00.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Pete... I only export PNG and PDF from Illustrator as I do surface pattern and graphic design.  For PNG in the export settings, I have anti-aliasing turned off and for PDF I have my settings at high-quality print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines