• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace text from one box to another

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a list of information that I paste into a template before I start working on each job.  That information is then used to fill out a label.  I am hoping to select one text box and it replaces certain info in another. I have figured out how to replace the text once the correct variables are assigned but I am struggling to get the correct info assigned.

List A:

1,000 STITCHES

2.5"x2.75"

1000 Color Name

1001 Color Name

1003 Color Name

I need:

var1 = everything from line 1 (LOCATION) 

var2 = everthing from line 2 (1,000 STITCHES) 

var3 = first mesurement (2.5")

var4 = second mesurement (2.75")

var5 = all additional lines where the number is unknown (1000 Color Name, 1001 Color Name, 1003 Color Name, ... )

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please elaborate and show at least some screenshots of your document. Better yet, provide sample files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a text replace script that I am already using for something else that will work for this.  I am just struggling to pull out the information I need.  I can easily get line 1 and 2 but the rest I can't seem to get.

kareyd14476782_0-1605615508999.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines