• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

request - Save Preferences when making a preference change instead of when Illustrator quits

Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more often than not illustrator will crash before quitting normally and any preference settings made during the session won't be saved. So paranoid me makes changes to preferences and then I quit illustrator to make sure it saves. This is a pesky thing to do when new versions come out and they include modal windows you need to dismiss like in the latest version asking me to save to cloud or to computer. I had to dismiss that window 3 times because illustrator didn't close properly 3 times. 

The worst is when setting up Actions with shortcuts. that takes a lot of time, even importing previous actions. and when i'm all done a few days later i'll quit illustrator and it decides it crashed instead and my actions are gone. Same with workspaces. 

Anyway. it would be very nice everytime you change something it would be saved to preferences right away. I do this with the extensions i've written. it's very easy. 

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

And the frequent crashes are not normal behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

And the frequent crashes are not normal behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

te-co,

Have you suggested it here?

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

A link here to the suggestion would make it easier for others to join it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'll submit to uservoice

the adobe website structures are so confusing. like why have a tag for feature request here if there is a site dedicated to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines