Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resetting Preferences in Illustrator CS6

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Im trying to reset illustrator Preferences with the shortcut option+command+shift   but its not working, it worked with photoshop but with illustrator its not working why ?

also in CS6 where to find illustrator Preferences file to delete them in case short cut dont works

Kind Regards

 Visionary & Dreamer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

The location of the preferences file for AI CS6 has not changed, you find the location of the file here, same as it was for CS5:

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preference-file-location-illustrator.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best bet is to have them held down before starting AI (or at least have your fingers ready to push the keys as you release the mouse). What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i tried both i use Mac OXS Lion

 Visionary & Dreamer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ammar

I am having the same problem. holding down shift+option+command not working and no sign of the perfs file anywhere. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ammar, portwestdesigner,

No search can reveal the Adobe Illustrator Prefs file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No files found.. which is weird. I have another mac, same operating system and same software in the office as me. I just checked her library files under preferences and there is a whole load there for Adobe CS6 Illustrator. I am going to copy them over and restart see what happens! Can't figure out why they disappeared in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the preferences are broken into multiple files, maybe I could write a tool that resets all of the prefs, instead of having to do them all 1x1. Where is the folder you found all the settings files in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ammar, portwestdesigner,

You may consider the ultimate(ly unpleasant) solution, to uninstall, run the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location of the preferences file for AI CS6 has not changed, you find the location of the file here, same as it was for CS5:

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preference-file-location-illustrator.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Finder menu click Go while holding the OPTION key down. The Library option will appear. Click on Library. Then go to Preferences. The file will be located within this folder or a subfolder within this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the file name for cs6 is aiprefs 

that's why searching for adobe illustrator preferences finds nothing

path is: C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS6 Settings\en_US\x64\aiprefs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines