• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize artboard to fit object in Illustrator CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I have been able to easily resize my artboard to fit the dimensions of my art simply by double clicking on the desired object using the artboard tool. After upgrading to CC 2015, I was sad to find that this functionality has been removed. Anyone know if there is a workaround or how I might easily do this without manually adjusting the artboard? Like so many things I'm noticing in CC 2015, this change totally bugs.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Jessica, others,

Just to make sure, what happens if you disable the GPU Performance by clicking the Rocket Icon in the App bar and deselecting the GPU Performance check box?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica,

seems to work for me in CC 2015.

But you can also choose: Objects > Artboards > Fit to Selected Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the greatest tips I have ever read.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. A couple of times I've managed to get the artboard to "fit to selected art" by doubleclicking, but it basically just changes the location & size of the artboard created just before that. Really frustrating when creating large amount of assets! Also combined with the bug (?) with svgs, I'm really disappointed with the product.

Is this a bug, if it works with some and not with others? I'm using CC 2015.0.0 / 19.0.0 / Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Illustrator CC 2015 today without realizing it and this issue completely ruined my mood as I had a couple deadlines to meet. I cannot 1-click to create the correct-sized artboard anymore and when I spam my left click, the previous artboard (orignally on another piece of artwork) moves to the new artwork instead of creating a new artboard. I hope this isn't permanent because this is not efficient at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica, others,

Just to make sure, what happens if you disable the GPU Performance by clicking the Rocket Icon in the App bar and deselecting the GPU Performance check box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped, thanks!! Still not working quite like it used to, but close enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob! That seems to have done the trick.

Strange, wonder why this artboard functionality would be disabled when GPU is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Jessica and Marja.

GPU tends to make a mess of things; and there are multiple issues reported in our forum. This is actually a new one, hence my being less than sure.

The Adobe team are working on fixing it.

You may have a look here,

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/gpu-performance-preview-improvements.html

to see what it is all about and more about how to enable/disable, as well as what is needed to get it to work if possible, including requirements and driver updating,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be the answer to all that ails CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But now it works fine in CC 2015 with or without GPU disabled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these fixes work for me. It is treating artwork on every dartboard as one giant dartboard, so when I select, say, dartboard one and go to "fit to artwork bounds", it makes one giant artboard fitting the bounds of all artwork on all boards. So unbelievably frustrated by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful with what you select.

You cannot do a simple Select All, or click on the Layer to select it's contents.

By Selecting All or Selecting the Layer you are actually selecting everything on all artboards (or everything on that layer on all artboards).

By Selecting a single object and choosing Fit to artwork bounds, you will fit to all artwork in your document.

Just select the objects on a single artboard and choose Object > Artboards > Fit to Selected Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, whatever was on the artboard was what the artboard would resize to. I need only select that artboard, and Illustrator knew what objects were on it and resized accordingly. I have tried now selecting items on the artboard to see if that will work, and it does not. Every time, no matter what workaround I attempt, I end up with one huge artboard encompassing all of the art on all other artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the past? It worked the same in AI CS6.

Just select the objects you want to fit the artboard to and choose Fit to Selected Art (Not Fit to Artwork Bounds)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in all other versions of illustrator, and I have used them all. This is a new issue. I can only guess that I am not explaining it correctly, because it is very different than anything I have experienced before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe time to reset your preferences,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - well, that appears to have done the trick! Such a simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File>Document set up>Edit Artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant !!!

I would never have found this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines