• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize pdf in AI so that file is less than 150mb for printing service requirements.

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to reduce my file size so that it is 150mb or less in order to upload to the printing service website. I have deleted swatches, duplicate layers, etc and still my file is over 700mb. Ugh! Would greatly appreciate any assistance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you save out as PDF for the printer, uncheck "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's in the file?

If you check Audit Space Usage in Acrobat DC, what is taking up that space?

Screenshot 2021-05-11 083027.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try the optimization on a couple of files and it helped! However, I have one file that has a large amount of "document overhead". I have no idea what that means nor have I been able to find out what that means. Do you know and how would I go about changing it?  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you discard user data, does that amount change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are your PDF export settings?

The reason I mentioned the "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities" checkbox, is if that is checked, you're essentially saving a PDF with two parts: the PDF part AND the original full bore Illustrator file along for the ride. The Illustrator side of it can be quite large, especially if you have lots of images, especially embedded images. This can make your PDF huge.

This is why it's important to save a PDF with that option unchecked.

Even trying to optimize this in Acrobat will only gain so much. It's better to do it when the PDF is exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines