Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize Text Frame API

Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have expertise with Adobe InDesign Plugin Development and recently started to develop Illustrator Plugins. I am using Illustrator CC 2020 on windows.

I need help on how to resize the text frame. I didn't find any direct API through which we can resize the text frame. Text frame is created using -

sAITextFrame->NewInPathText()

On searching the SDK, I only found alternative is to do Scaling Transformation with sAITransformArt->TransformArt().

But on doing Scaling Transformation, the text content also gets scaled which I don't want.

Can anyone help me with the API to resize the frame. Please find attached screenshot for your reference.

Any help is apprecitated.

1.png

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

I figured out myself. Posting the answer as it may help somebody -

We need to get the PathObject from Text frame and then manipulate the segments and anchor positions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out myself. Posting the answer as it may help somebody -

We need to get the PathObject from Text frame and then manipulate the segments and anchor positions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines