• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing image in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working in Illustrator on a MAC to create a logo. All was working fine, but then for some reason I was unable to resize images and type.

When I click on the image or type I do not get a box around it any longer. It only shows anchors and path on the imported image. And on the type, it only gives a line under the word.

Does anyone know why this may have started and no longer allows for resizing with the arrow tool by grabbing the corner of the image box?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

You've turned of "Bounding Boxes" (View Menu).

I actually prefer to work without bounding boxes. The traditional "Modifier" tools are, in most cases much more powerful than being constrained to a "bounding box". With Bounding Box turned off type "S" (scale), move cursor diagonally away from the object and start dragging in or out toward the center of the object. By holding "Shift" down you can constrain to horizontal, vertical proportional scaling, depending on the direction you drag. If you wish

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've turned of "Bounding Boxes" (View Menu).

I actually prefer to work without bounding boxes. The traditional "Modifier" tools are, in most cases much more powerful than being constrained to a "bounding box". With Bounding Box turned off type "S" (scale), move cursor diagonally away from the object and start dragging in or out toward the center of the object. By holding "Shift" down you can constrain to horizontal, vertical proportional scaling, depending on the direction you drag. If you wish to scale from somewhere other than the center just click once, anywhere and start dragging again, the "center of rotation" has been reset and is identifiable by the small cyan crosshairs. These basic capabilities are transferable to the "Rotate" tool (R).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for helping me correct my error. I don't recall ticking the boundary box "off", but that fixed it. Appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How stupid is this idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

How stupid is this idea.

This often happens accidentally, because the shortcut is similar to another shortcut in a different software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Sorry to be so rude But these little changes can really slow down workflow if you are not a full time user

Dr Mike Howarth

MHMVR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bengeo5  schrieb

Sorry to be so rude But these little changes can really slow down workflow if you are not a full time user

There hasn't been any change to the behaviour of the bounding box in years.

This forum is 95% normal users just as you are. Staff is marked as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines