• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing text

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Illustrator. I have a graphic that I want to resize the text on, without realigning it. Whenever I resize it. It realigns the arch and makes it uneven with the circle. Do I have to resize one by one and realign it myself?  I have attached the image below

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Make a copy of the white circle at about 90%. Take the Type tool and click on the top center of the new path. Retype the text. See if this is what you want.

type on a path with negative baseline offsettype on a path with negative baseline offset

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Are you using Type on a Paths objects? What exactly do you mean by "it realigns"?

Can you provide something that shows the objects before and after resizing them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

Notice on the first pic. How the Arch is distorted from its original shape, it's more like an oval. The second pic is the original. I want to make the text bigger but keep the arch as is (circular).

afterafterbeforebefore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. 

I believe I am using the newest version. 24.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the type has already been converted to outlines the easiest solution is to reset the line of type as type and then adjust as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. I obviously have a lot to learn because I don't even know where to find line of type. I thought it would be an easy task, but I guess I'll have to watch a few tutorials. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That shouldn't happen if you scale all objects uniformly.

Can you share the original .ai file?

PS: Or are you just going to resize the outlined type (not the circle and the "7 five seven" part)?

PPS: Forget my answer. I completely misunderstood your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just trying to resize the upper text and stars. I thought I would just be able to scale or chane the font size. But when I scale it, it distorts it and when I change the font point nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a copy of the white circle at about 90%. Take the Type tool and click on the top center of the new path. Retype the text. See if this is what you want.

type on a path with negative baseline offsettype on a path with negative baseline offset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thanks I will try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines