Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

I have created a graphic for a banner 4'x8', and now I would like to use the same graphic on a letter-size artboard. How can I make the graphic smaller without distorting everything?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Leona

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

To add to Mohammad_Harb's post, make sure to check Scale Strokes & Effects in the Options section of the Scale dialog window if it's not already checked. Double-click on the scale tool to get to the dialog window. You could try scaling all objects at once, just to see if it will work. It could save a lot of time if it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scale the artwork using the scale tool, turn preview on, then start scaling each element separately with the move tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. The graphic is very complex, but I will try your suggestion. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Mohammad_Harb's post, make sure to check Scale Strokes & Effects in the Options section of the Scale dialog window if it's not already checked. Double-click on the scale tool to get to the dialog window. You could try scaling all objects at once, just to see if it will work. It could save a lot of time if it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! That was the key instruction I was missing. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one of the anwers is correct, please mark it as correct, so people stop answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most programes, if you bring in a photo or text box use the 'click and drag' while holding down the shift key for scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines