• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieving Files

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! My computer crashed on me last night and I had to get a new one this morning. All of my work for my clothing company was on Adobe and some other programs. I had been saving documents and things through Adobe Illustrator bc I use it the most. 

Can anyone tell me if its possible to retrieve those files on my new computer? I have redownloaded Adobe Creative Cloud on here and signed in but cant find anything.

Please help! Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Where did you save the files? Did you synchronize them to Dropbox, Creative Cloud, Google Drive or the like?

In that case they will be on those cloud drives. ANd all you need to do is install those apps and synchronize with your new computer.

If you didn't do that, you can try and boot your old computer from an external system on anexternal disk or even USB stick and hope that that works. Then copy the files from the harddisk. Let's hope it wasn't harddrive failure.

Or try this: https://www.howtogeek.com/268249/how-to-turn-an-old-hard-drive-into-an-external-drive/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where did you save the files? Did you synchronize them to Dropbox, Creative Cloud, Google Drive or the like?

In that case they will be on those cloud drives. ANd all you need to do is install those apps and synchronize with your new computer.

If you didn't do that, you can try and boot your old computer from an external system on anexternal disk or even USB stick and hope that that works. Then copy the files from the harddisk. Let's hope it wasn't harddrive failure.

Or try this: https://www.howtogeek.com/268249/how-to-turn-an-old-hard-drive-into-an-external-drive/ if it's possible to extract the disk from the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines