Retro / vintage color palettes?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. Hope this finds you well. Im a big big fan of Blue Note Jazz vinyl record covers. I'm in fact going to be designing a few vinyl releases myself soon, taking lots of inspiration from Blue note.

Ive spent some time googling, looking online for vintage retro color palettes but the problem generally seems to be that they are listed in RGB. I will be printing the vinyl obviously in CMYK so wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on where i might be able to perhaps even download some great vintage-retro color scheme palettes that are for printing. As a base for my design i will probably use a nice off-white cream kind of color that a lot of these Blue Note records typically have used. If anyone can recommend please let me know. Many thanks!

Chris

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you place your images in an Illustrator CMYK document an pick up the colors wth the eyedropper, you will get the CMYK version of that color.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you can use adobe coloe site for this....regards

https://color.adobe.com/search?q=retro

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Color also creates RGB colors.

The CMYK values it calculates, are based on a non-documented color management setting (if any) and can't be trusted.

When trying to find CMYK values it's important to

- have color maangement set up appropriately

- have printed samples to compare

- make proofs on a proof system (which is not a desktop printer)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
christianc82963968 AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe color is great for RBG world but i have noticed the cmyk colors it lists often are incorrect. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines