• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revert colours that have become dull, washed out and desaturated suddenly in Illustrator

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a .ai file. I had created a group of graphics and was working on another one zoomed in. I saved the file when I was done. When I zoomed out I saw that all the colours of the other graphics had changed by themselves and now looked so washed out and desaturated. My question is, is there a way to revert my colours back to what they looked liked previously. The copy I am working on is the only copy I have as I've saved over previous version. before and after colour issues AI.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you don't use Time Machine or the like?

And you have already closed the file?

And a computer restart also didn't help? Sometimes these things just get hung up.

In that case: no.

What exactly did you do to that file? How did you save it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Time Machine. 

The file is stll open but even undoing doesn't get it back to normal.

I didn't restart because I didn't want to close the file. 

I just saves its normally pressing save like I had done four other times for that same file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the color values change or just the view on screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colour values had changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show your color management settings.

Please tell us how you saved the artwork and how you re-opened it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a difference between the document color profiles of the before and after documents that you showed?

You can check that at the bottom of your window.

Doc profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no difference in colour profiles as this document was created in RGB and was never changed. The colour profile now still matches the colour profile I began with. The first image is of a jpeg image file that I created/saved from the AI document before the colours had changed. The right side is showing the graphics as they currently are in the open AI document. I took a screenshot of the two side by side after I placed the jpeg image into the AI document to compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to your Color Management Settings that Monika asked for, can you show your Document Color Profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines