• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right Click doesn't work at all!

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suddenly my right click is not working with in illustrator. I can't select a line/shape and right click on it to see the arrangement or transformation options. the right click doesn't even bring up an option window at all. how do I change/fix that?

Ps. I have restarted the program several times, restarted my computer, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled illustrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I allso have this problem after installing El Capitan. Dual screen = Right click don´t work in Illustrator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Have you tried to update the ElCapitan 10.11 build to 15A284 and check wether it fixes this issue or not ?

If you are on the MAC OS build 15A284 and still facing the issue please drop an email at rbhunwal@adobe.com so that I can have a look into this.

How to check the OS version:

1) Click on the "Apple" menu and select "About This Mac"

2) In the dialog displayed click on the label/string "Version 10.11"

>> it will display the Build Number at that location.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer,

I am updated to the 15A284 build. What do you need to know?

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

best regards

Øyvind Jakobsen

Daglig leder / managing director

Final Touch as, Ramdalveien 2B, 3128 Nøtterøy, Norway

T: +47 333 99 400 :: M: +47 90 22 77 62 :: www.ftr.no

(Tenk på miljøet før du skriver ut dette dokumentet)

14. okt. 2015 kl. 12.14 skrev rbhunwal <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Right Click doesn't work at all!

created by rbhunwal <https://forums.adobe.com/people/rbhunwal> in Illustrator - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/8064381#8064381>

Hi All,

Have you tried to update the ElCapitan 10.11 build to 15A284 and check wether it fixes this issue or not ?

If you are on the MAC OS build 15A284 and still facing the issue please drop an email at rbhunwal@adobe.com <mailto:rbhunwal@adobe.com> so that I can have a look into this.

How to check the OS version:

1) Click on the "Apple" menu and select "About This Mac"

2) In the dialog displayed click on the label/string "Version 10.11"

>> it will display the Build Number at that location.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8064381#8064381 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8064381#8064381

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Illustrator by email <mailto:discussions-community-illustrator@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com> or at Adobe Community <https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=3367>

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624 <https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have installation on El Captain 10.11 (15A284) we try reinstall a clean Illustrator version.

Helps only "change monitor setting" from main to second display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attention all....Have been dealing with this issue for several weeks now, and while yes, I have been beta testing El Capitan, I checked with some fellow Adobe 2015 users and they are also having this same issue and are on PC’s and other Apple OS systems and having the SAME problem...I do not believe it is an issue with El Capitan.  Yesterday after an update to Illustrator, my blob brush started to have issues......my Cintiq and all the other peripherals are up to date etc.

The only way to fix this problem at the moment is to trash your preferences and restart......once you do that, right click comes back.  So this is not an issue with your OS...I also had a few episodes where my program crashed and when I restarted it, right click worked fine.  It only happens when you shut it down and do a fresh start.

I have sent 2 bug reports, also sent reports to Apple via the feedback assistant, just in case, but as I said, know of others not on this OS and on PC’s with same problem......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the monitor setting should not be a factor....I have a Cintiq, it is my second monitor, but even if it is off and I try to use Illustrator on my iMac screen I have the same issue.  Trash your preferences and restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I originally installed build 15A284, never had the beta build. Conclusion: issue occurs in final El Capitan version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if the issue is still with Illustrator?  It may happen once you upgrade to El Capitan but not be the issue with the actual OS but Illustrator itself...I say this because I have several friends who had this same issue on a PC......I was beta testing El Capitan and my issues with Illy did not happen until I updated to 2015

I will send another report to Apple regarding OS.....

Also the Wacom driver is dated August....they have not updated totally for the new OS yet.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope running 10.11 does not seem to be a fix.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated my wacom driver to the latest 6.3.15 and ctrl-click still does not work with the additional display attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

If you are encountering the issue on ElCapitan 10.11 build number 15A284 and available for a connect session then please drop an email at ShareWithAI@adobe.com

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent an email Raguveer, more than happy to help solve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change right click swap left click of apple magic mouse..

working right click

very interesting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem as if with mouse relevant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue is the solution updating Universal Type Server 5 ? and has anyone talked to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: No success with Universal Type Server 5.

Anyone have a solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone actually read the posts?  Some answer to be found there.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@james pageau has provided a good bandaid. You can find details here:

Re: El Capitan update seems to have broken my right click just in Illustrator.... Any help would be ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this fix for no right click is posted here yet or not:

You don't have to delete all the illustrator preference items to get the right click back. 

It appears that you just need to delete the file... /Users/current_user/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings/en_US/WSMgrCfg/WSMgrCfg

This worked for me! Right click is now working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gabe hope this link which describes a fix by @james pageau helps to make this fix more permanent for you until Adobe fixes it properly:

Re: El Capitan update seems to have broken my right click just in Illustrator.... Any help would be ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very helpful insight - thank's for sharing. I've created an Automator "Service" now and bound it to Finder so that it'll delete the file then start Illustrator. This seems to be a feasible workaround for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @ADBEDesigner, I can confirm this update has fixed the right click. Glad to see an official update. Thank you.

Just an FYI for those interested:

- installation required a restart of the Mac Pro before it could start the update

- error dialog boxes appear on farthest left monitor (on 3 monitor setup where finder is set in the middle)

- GPU Performance quality is much better at handling anti-aliasing and font display

- links palette bug appears to be back where if you show details, it resizes the palette

- startup screen is much better without the creepy guy and replaced by a new creepy girl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better late than never!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines