• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ripped Off

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its pretty screwed how Adobe went to 64 bit making all previous 32 bit software obsolete. I recently upgraded to Mas OS 10.15.2 Catalina. Now my Master Collection wont work, The only option is to now buy Creative Cloud for $500 a year! Nice one Adobe, Thanks alot.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

It's your system that made this obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Sorry for that. Adobe went with Creative Cloud Subscription over 6 years ago. As technology moving on they do it as well. I just needede to upded my microsof suite for a subscription since it does not work any more with the current OS or  windows 10....it is not jsut Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

To keep working with older software you will have to keep working with the older, corresponding operating system.

Is this CS6?  It should run as expected from macOS 10.8 Mountain Lion to macOS 10.12 Sierra.  macOS 10.13 High Sierra might be okay, but I'd stick with 10.12 for safety.

If your Mac supports an older macOS, you can roll back somewhat easily.  If you do a Google search for "Download and Install macos sierra" you should get the official Apple Support page for "How to upgrade to mac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's your system that made this obsolete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, I should have read what apps were compatble before i upgraded. I still think that Adobe is just greedy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup they could have just made up upgrade, 

but no, they would rather just abuse and overcharge us users, so sad, and disgusting to see

yes, we are kinda stuck, as its a unique prodct

but think about it, Adobe when literally 70-80% of your users are mad at you, and hate you, and feel ripped off, maybe you might want to stop being so scummy to us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a public forum. 95% of people are not staff.

We still know that CC is the upgrade you are asking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for that. Adobe went with Creative Cloud Subscription over 6 years ago. As technology moving on they do it as well. I just needede to upded my microsof suite for a subscription since it does not work any more with the current OS or  windows 10....it is not jsut Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To keep working with older software you will have to keep working with the older, corresponding operating system.

Is this CS6?  It should run as expected from macOS 10.8 Mountain Lion to macOS 10.12 Sierra.  macOS 10.13 High Sierra might be okay, but I'd stick with 10.12 for safety.

If your Mac supports an older macOS, you can roll back somewhat easily.  If you do a Google search for "Download and Install macos sierra" you should get the official Apple Support page for "How to upgrade to macOS Sierra - Apple Support".  You can replace "sierra" with whichever version you're looking to roll back to.  Step 4 will have a "Download macOS Sierra" that opens the download link in the Mac App Store (even if you've never downloaded it before).

You may already be aware that it's as easy as it gets to install multiple versions of macOS across differant partitions of the same drive or across mulitpe hard drives.  You could keep macOS Catalina on your Macintosh HD and install macOS Sierra on an external USB-C/USB3 SSD drive.  Avoid SD cards and slow USB Flash drives (it'll work, but your boot time will be so slow that you may lose your mind).

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks for the advice !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines