Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Riso Graphic Design

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I ´d like to ask, I am creating a riso graphic art for the first time in Illustrator, I want to add the texture by texture brush on some elements, but I am not sure how it will look after printing.

I know that after printing on risograph is the texture of paper with the noise, depend on using of gradients, but I am not sure, how it would look with the adding the mezotint grain/grain textures...

I hope is here someone who has an experience with riso and can advise me a little bit. 🙂

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not quite sure if I understand correctly. You want to simulate the Riso pattern or do you want to apply a filter and then want to know if that transfers well?

If you have your own Riso printer: just try it out.

If youare having this printed by a service bureau: still try it out. Have a test print. Also: many studios will send test prints and documentation. You will need to see actual prints in order tobe able to judge this.

In case you are German (or even from Germany): here are some images. http://herrundfraurio.de/drucken/

I have had some Riso prints done, but they contained a rather coarse pattern, so I can't help you with the outcome of the mezzotint effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines