• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roland Cut Studio plugin for illustrator 2021

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everyone, i'm looking for a brand new Roland Cut Studio plugin for illustrator 2021, please is there anyone may help me?

TOPICS
Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Ciao, ti ringrazio per la risposta, sono piuttosto deluso per la lentezza di Roland a risolvere il problema che non è da poco.

Ho risolto collegando al plotter un altro pc con una versione precedente di ilustrator, con ovvie perdite di tempo.

Attendiamo fiduciosi! (ma un pò seccati) 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

I can confirm that today I was able to use Roland Cut Studio plugin for Illustrator 2022 (v25.2.1). Everything is up-to-date and runs well on macOS Monterey 12.2. Version number of Roland CutStudio PlugIn is 3.3.8.

You have to intall the plugin separately from the Adobe Exhange webpage. If using an M1 Mac, you have to run Illustrator under Rosetta mode, to emulate running it with Intel processor. I am using M1 Pro chip and Illustrator runs smoothly both in native M1 mode, and under Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

I just followed the above answer and it worked and I'm running Monterey 12.6.6, I used Anastasiy' Extension Manager and installed the Roland Cutstudio from:  https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/installation-instructions/112527/Roland%20CutStudio%20PlugIn%20for%20Ai
You do have to remove the old versions first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to contact the Roland Cut Studio plugin developers for an update.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to resolve this? I also need the plugin for the 2021 version and really struggling!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Roland.

They will only think about updating a plugin when they know that there is a demand for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roland's web site says "Includes plug-ins for latest Adobe® Illustrator". Of course, this may not be up to date info, but I'm not sure why you'd ask here...? There isn't another maker, only Roland.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm writing here because the plugin is for ADOBE illustrator......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's for Adobe Illustrator. Perhaps you don't understand how plug-ins work. Adobe make Illustrator and tell people how to make plug-ins. Then companies like Roland do the work, and sell it. Adobe can't look at, fix, sell, repair or upgrade plug-ins, and have no power to make anyone else do that either. If Roland decide not to do an upgrade, that is the end of that plug-in/

Look, I sell plug-ins (not for Illustrator) and it drives me crazy when people come to Adobe's forums to ask for help with their problem rather than emailing our team who are ready and waiting to help.  In general, though, good practice is to NEVER upgrade your apps until you've checked the status of ALL your key plug-ins. When plug-ins do need updates it can take many months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe has ha da small dust up with Roland for 10 years.  similar to Apple in the days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao,

purtroppo ho lo stesso problema. Roland ha l'ultimo plugin 3.3.4 che funzionava con Illustrator 2020. Non c'è ancora nulla per la versione 2021 e non si può tornare indietro a questa installazione. Sono giorni che ci provo, ho letto ed installato tutti i suggerimenti / soluzioni che ho trovato anche nel sito di Adobe ma non funziona nulla.

Dobbiamo trovare una versione recente.

Se hai un lavoro ugente ti tocca affidarti al programma di CutStudio, importi il ​​tuo file (che il programma convertirà in immagine) poi c'è una voce (tipo un "ricalco dinamico") che converte l'immagine in vettoriale (non è preciso ) e ti permette di lanciarlo nel plotter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao, ti ringrazio per la risposta, sono piuttosto deluso per la lentezza di Roland a risolvere il problema che non è da poco.

Ho risolto collegando al plotter un altro pc con una versione precedente di ilustrator, con ovvie perdite di tempo.

Attendiamo fiduciosi! (ma un pò seccati) 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do Rolsnd support say? Why would anyone upgrade without checking a critical plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue here. 

It looks like then you mark up cutting images, then try to open Cut Studio, white screen with preview do not comes up as it should or at it was before. Status is Ready, but no info from machine comes to AI. And if you click Preferences and then Connection it showing Roland GS-24 and then you are not able to choose anything else. It looks like program or plugin is locked on one machine.

If you go ...plugin-> cutstudio-> CutstudioOutputX that program finds machine which is connected to computer. 

And you can clearly see in plugin folder that terminal files is only to GS24 machine there.

So I do think here is a problem, only thing is that I can not program or do not how to change that plugins files. 

If any knows how to I do think it is quick job to fix thing...

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Roland GS-24. Here is how I got everything to work on my Macbook Pro. I would have posted this long ago but I just came across this as I was searching for compatability issues with the newest system software update. One of the potential issues is using a MAC that does not have an intel processor. My Macbook Pro was purchased in 2020 and still has one. The Dealer I bought my Roland from and the Roland support staff could not figure out how to make the cutstudio plugin work on the 2021 version of Illustrator. I had to figure this out myself. 

Illustrator 2021 will not work with the plug in. You have to use Illustrator 2020. Download Anastasiy’s Extension Mananger. I would have included the link but this site will not let me. Then go to creative cloud and download Illustrator 2020 and then the Roland Cutstudio plugin. I ended up with the plug in on my desktop. Double click it and it will open in Anastasiy’s Extension Manager. After it installs in Illustrator 2021, copy+drag the entire plug in folder for Roland Cutstudio from Illustrator’s plugins folder to your desktop. Then drag it to Illustrator 2020’s plugins folder and it will now work from the drop down menu in illustrator 2020.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin seems to work but you need to not just download the extension from the adobe exchange but also place the plug in files into the plugin folder then relaunch Illustrator. The plug in files in questions is the cutstudio plug in folder from the previous version of illustrator you ran Cutstudio on. That's what resolved it this time around. Every other updated there's one issue or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plug-ins can only be fixed by the original author, programming skills won't help. This is why, if plug-ins are important to your work, it is so vital to check before upgrading (Illustrator, or your system, or your hardware). And of course to keep old app versions. Any problems from upgrading without checking are inevitable and predictable... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are many who are waiting for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paola, I having an issue with this plug in too.... I install it, but it doesnt recognize the GX24 i´m using. I have to bring back an CC2019 from time machine and it works perfectly. We´ll have to wait for Roland Upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need the new Plug-In for Cut Studio used in Illustrator. I had to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 because illustrator upgrades weren't working on Windows 7.

I wish this could be straight forward and easy to fix.

I'm loosing lots of work time trying to figure this out !!!! GRRRR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please feel free to contact Matt Wrench, Head of Roland Service.

His email address is mwrench@rolanddg.com

Telephone number: +44 (0)1275 335540

Mobile: +44 (0)7860 271514

I have been chasing him for months and he keeps promising it will be ready soon.

Yet still we wait.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that today I was able to use Roland Cut Studio plugin for Illustrator 2022 (v25.2.1). Everything is up-to-date and runs well on macOS Monterey 12.2. Version number of Roland CutStudio PlugIn is 3.3.8.

You have to intall the plugin separately from the Adobe Exhange webpage. If using an M1 Mac, you have to run Illustrator under Rosetta mode, to emulate running it with Intel processor. I am using M1 Pro chip and Illustrator runs smoothly both in native M1 mode, and under Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! it works perfectly. I upgrade Illustrator 2021 to 25.4.1, enters creative cloud, update the Roland plugin and voilà!

In case it have some issue, I will leave installed Illustrator CC2019.

Thanks Anti Von Matterhorn for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still stuck. I have Adobe Illustrator 2022 and am running Mac OS Monterey. The plug-in is installed on the Creative Cloud/Manage Plug-ins - but I can't get Illustrator to connect. In Windows>Extensions> all I see is "Libraries" no "Roland CutStudio".

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi willywaw,

Are you force running Illustrator under Rosetta? Did you Install the plugin separately from Adobe Exhange webpage (the link I posted above)? I would recommend to uninstall the current plugin and try to reinstall.

To force run the app in Rosetta mode, navigate to app path, for example Macintosh HD > Applications > Adobe Illustrator 2022 > Adobe Illustrator 2022.app. Right click > 'Get Info' > choose 'Open using Rosetta'. More detailed instructions here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines