• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate Tool

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I've been having a lot of issues with my adobe suite, despite having the most updated versions. Today, I'm having issues with the rotate tool. I am trying to rotate and copy these 2 circles around the bigger circle center, so in the first picture as you can see I positioned the target(not really sure if that's the name but it is highlighted in the picture)   in the middle of the white big circle but as I open the rotate tool panel, the target has moved and I can't fix it while the panel is open.

I am pretty sure this is how I've always done it, but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

If you want to rotate an object from its center using the rotate panel then just double-click the rotate tool in the tool bar and enter the degrees of rotation you want for your selected object in the rotate panel and click Okay. The program default is to rotate from the center when accessing the rotate panel in this manner. Clicking with the tool on a different point of rotation within the selected object is what you would do if using the tool itself to manually drag the object's rotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to rotate an object from its center using the rotate panel then just double-click the rotate tool in the tool bar and enter the degrees of rotation you want for your selected object in the rotate panel and click Okay. The program default is to rotate from the center when accessing the rotate panel in this manner. Clicking with the tool on a different point of rotation within the selected object is what you would do if using the tool itself to manually drag the object's rotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I knew it was possible but I was unsure if I was missing something or there was a bug in my illustrator too.

All I was missing was hitting alt at the same time I changed the reference point to open the panel automatically and keeping my reference point in the place I needed it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a time effective solution - the rotate tool needs to work on the fly - designers don't want to have to go back in to a panel and set a rotation in degrees. That is a complete waste of time unless the rotation degree is absolutely critical which in most cases it is NOT. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Alicia Hart  schrieb:

That is not a time effective solution - the rotate tool needs to work on the fly - . 

Just click and drag to rotate. I don't get what's so unintuitive about that?

Or is your counding box just hidden? Unhide it in the View menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just have some feedback regarding the new Rotate View tool and its use on Mac laptops with track pad - either there needs to be a lock setting where you are not at risk of rotating your whole canvas accidentally - or, you should not be able to rotate the whole canvas with the two finger gesture. This is too close to zooming and other things. This feature just showed up in my illustrator and i'm already having trouble with it. The two finger gesture is too easy to do accidentally. And the Rotate View feature does not seem popular enough/used enough to require such an easy motion. On a tablet, this makes sense, but not a computer. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines