Highlighted

Rotate Tool

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I've been having a lot of issues with my adobe suite, despite having the most updated versions. Today, I'm having issues with the rotate tool. I am trying to rotate and copy these 2 circles around the bigger circle center, so in the first picture as you can see I positioned the target(not really sure if that's the name but it is highlighted in the picture)   in the middle of the white big circle but as I open the rotate tool panel, the target has moved and I can't fix it while the panel is open.

I am pretty sure this is how I've always done it, but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

If you want to rotate an object from its center using the rotate panel then just double-click the rotate tool in the tool bar and enter the degrees of rotation you want for your selected object in the rotate panel and click Okay. The program default is to rotate from the center when accessing the rotate panel in this manner. Clicking with the tool on a different point of rotation within the selected object is what you would do if using the tool itself to manually drag the object's rotation.

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rotate Tool

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I've been having a lot of issues with my adobe suite, despite having the most updated versions. Today, I'm having issues with the rotate tool. I am trying to rotate and copy these 2 circles around the bigger circle center, so in the first picture as you can see I positioned the target(not really sure if that's the name but it is highlighted in the picture)   in the middle of the white big circle but as I open the rotate tool panel, the target has moved and I can't fix it while the panel is open.

I am pretty sure this is how I've always done it, but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

If you want to rotate an object from its center using the rotate panel then just double-click the rotate tool in the tool bar and enter the degrees of rotation you want for your selected object in the rotate panel and click Okay. The program default is to rotate from the center when accessing the rotate panel in this manner. Clicking with the tool on a different point of rotation within the selected object is what you would do if using the tool itself to manually drag the object's rotation.

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I knew it was possible but I was unsure if I was missing something or there was a bug in my illustrator too.

All I was missing was hitting alt at the same time I changed the reference point to open the panel automatically and keeping my reference point in the place I needed it to be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Resources