Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotating objects by specific angle

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there.

I moved to Illustrator after a couple of years of using Inkscape. It is a big step forward for me, but I still struggle with some features I cannot find/understand.

On the attached picture you can see (left side) that in Inkscape you can set a specific angle for a step rotation (holding Shift in Illustrator when rotating, and Ctrl in Inkscape). I prefer to use 15 degrees. It is easy to set up in software Preferences.
In Illustrator, on the other hand, the angle is set up to 45 degrees by default, and I don't know how to change it. In the General tab in the Preferences window, I found the Constrain Angle option. When I set it up to 15 degrees, it works fine - I can now step rotate my objects by 15 degrees. But it comes with an issue - all the boards are rotated by 15 degrees as well (on the picture at the right bottom you can see the grid - it is tilted). Is there any other way to set the default angle of step rotation without changing the orientation of the working space?

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not the permanent solution you are looking for but after selecting item, hit R then return type 15 then return.

Every subsequent time you hit R return you'll get 15 degree turn (assuming you don't rotate anything different in the meantime).

It's not document specific, so you can open other docs and still get 15 degree turn, until you quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or record an Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines