• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rounded edge tool keeps switching to rotate

Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a square or oblong shape and attempt to round the edges, the rounded edge tool consistently changes to rotate. No matter how close I zoom in, I see my arc and then it will switch to rotate. It sometimes takes many, many attempts to get my rounded edges. It seems as if the tool is super sensitive and if I dont have the pull-in angle exactly pixel perfect, it changes to rotate. Am I missing something or is this an Illustrator bug? Thank you!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that problem, are you using a tablet?

You can control the corners when using the Direct Select tool from the Control panel or the Properties panel (and for shapes the Transform panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for such a quick response Ton!  No, I'm on a Dell XPS gaming PC. It happens with my Wacom and gaming quality mouse - (I'm a graphic designer) -  I'm using the direct select tool as well. It just switches to rotate as soon as I start dragging into the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines