• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounding Single Corners (Triangle)

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am seeing a lot of 2017 videos on how to round a single corner.

I am not sure if this latest update has it, but I am not seeing it anymore.

Only way I can roubnd a single corner is if I make an exact shape, but then it wont let me within the polygon tool which is the only way to make a triangle shape.

I am trying to select a single corner like I used to do when I would make a raindrop from it but now I cannot even select a single corner.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Ok so I found the solution, you do use the direct select tool but nothing will directly show up.

You have to check if the boxes you chose are highlighted. Once you see they are highlights (filled in square) then in the top bar there is a menu titled "Corners" that pops up between the anchor point selector tools and the alignment tools (well at least for me). From there you can slect "corners" and a menu will drop down where you can adjust the corners based on px radius.

Apparently the inner select

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to round a single corner, make your triangle with the Polygon Tool as usual, but then select a single Anchor Point with the Direct Selection Tool (White Arrow). Then drag the widget to round.

roundSingleCorner.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesnt work for me.

The corner for some reason doesnt select like in the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to use the Direct Selection Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did! And it does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to try to update to the latest latest version.

But so far when I use the Direct Select tool, even when I select or hold down the "Command" key it shows that I only have one point to manipulate corners from and it forces all 3 corners when used.

When trying to select a single corner nothing pops up.

So far the only workaround I have found is using the anchor point tool, but that overall delivers a different look then the corner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I found the solution, you do use the direct select tool but nothing will directly show up.

You have to check if the boxes you chose are highlighted. Once you see they are highlights (filled in square) then in the top bar there is a menu titled "Corners" that pops up between the anchor point selector tools and the alignment tools (well at least for me). From there you can slect "corners" and a menu will drop down where you can adjust the corners based on px radius.

Apparently the inner selector that normally would show up to manually drag corners doesnt appear with the Direct Slector tool and so the top menu is where its at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the View menu. About 2/3 of the way down, activate Show Corner Widget.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines